Potty about pottery at Barking Riverside workshop
- Credit: Archant
The joys of coil pottery were discovered at a free workshop.
About 13 people took part in the session held at the Rivergate Centre in Barking thanks to Rivergate Wellness Art CIC which holds free art classes on the last Thursday of the month.
Khushood Ahmed, the company’s director, said: “The main idea is to engage more adults in different forms of creative art.
“It’s a way of exploring talents that they didn’t know that they already have.
“In this area especially, it is nice to encourage cohesion and we are a very friendly group.”
Khushood, who made a personalised sweetie jar for her daughter, now plans to decorate it with her.
She added that she has had lots of artists get in touch asking to run sessions for the Minter Road group.
- 1 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 7 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
In March a candle making session was held and two of the attendees have now set up their own business.
For more information search for “Riverside Wellness Art Workshops” on Facebook.