Potty about pottery at Barking Riverside workshop
- Credit: Archant
The joys of coil pottery were discovered at a free workshop.
About 13 people took part in the session held at the Rivergate Centre in Barking thanks to Rivergate Wellness Art CIC which holds free art classes on the last Thursday of the month.
Khushood Ahmed, the company’s director, said: “The main idea is to engage more adults in different forms of creative art.
“It’s a way of exploring talents that they didn’t know that they already have.
“In this area especially, it is nice to encourage cohesion and we are a very friendly group.”
You may also want to watch:
Khushood, who made a personalised sweetie jar for her daughter, now plans to decorate it with her.
She added that she has had lots of artists get in touch asking to run sessions for the Minter Road group.
- 1 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 2 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 3 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 4 Budding entrepreneur from Dagenham wins business pitch competition
- 5 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Barking MP joins schoolchildren for managing money lesson
- 8 Steve Allen: 'Oxford students should vote on Magdalen pronunciation instead'
- 9 Dagenham set to announce retained list with three already departing
- 10 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
In March a candle making session was held and two of the attendees have now set up their own business.
For more information search for “Riverside Wellness Art Workshops” on Facebook.