Grafton Primary School in Dagenham rated good by Ofsted once again
- Credit: Archant
Another primary school in Dagenham has been rated good by Ofsted.
Grafton Primary School in Grafton Road was praised for its “confident, polite and articulate” pupils in a recent inspection.
The school was last inspected in November 2013, when it also received a good rating.
Headteacher Martin Nicholson said: “We are delighted that Ofsted recognises the achievement and positive behaviour of all our children. It is a reflection of the hard work and dedication of our staff and governors.
“The support we receive from all our parents and carers has enabled us to create a genuine partnership working together to support all our children.”
You may also want to watch:
Since the last inspection, pupil outcomes have increased and are now typically higher than the national average. Ninety per cent of the borough’s schools are now rated good or outstanding.
Councillor Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet member for education, said: “This is further reassurance for parents, whose children attend school in Barking and Dagenham, that young people are getting the best educational start in their lives.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 9 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
“We have seen time and time again, whether it is Ofsted reports, exam results or individual school achievements - that pupils in our borough will be challenged and presented with opportunities to develop their interests.”