Professor Brian Cox OBE celebrates Barking and Dagenham students’ success
- Credit: Archant
TV science star Professor Brian Cox helped celebrate the achievements of two outstanding college students.
Professor Cox OBE paid a visit to Redbridge College as Dieudonne Zenga from Barking and Hetti Sizibo from Dagenham were honoured.
Dieudonne scooped the Student of the Year prize in recognition or his work on a Level 3 Music Technology BTEC.
He explained how tutors at Redbridge College helped guide him towards his goal of becoming a Record Producer.
Hettie won the inaugral T.OBE award, given to a mature student who has overcome difficulties to study at the college.
The mum, who has already been accepted to Brunel University, said the college had helped her to balance studying with raising children.
Professor Cox, who is a patron of the college and has attended the ceremony for seven years running, praised the college and its students.
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 4 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 5 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 6 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 7 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 8 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 9 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
“[The college] gets better every year,” he said, “in the way the facilities improve. One thing that hasn’t changed is the quality of the students, which has always been consistently wonderful.”