Pupils run rounders’ tournament in Chadwell heath
Sporty students developed their leadership skills by running a rounders’ tournament in Chadwell Heath.
The three sports leaders from Warren Comprehensive organised the competition at their school in Whalebone Lane North on July 13.
Warren Junior School in Gordon Road, Chadwell Heath, finished first in the contest which pitted the skills of pupils at seven primary schools.
The three year nine leaders who put on the competition are Katie Lucas, Gbemi Oloko and Emma Hodge.
Katie said: “It felt good to be encouraging young people to take part in sport.”
You may also want to watch:
Gbemi added: “I felt proud to be representing our school.”
Their teacher Donna Moran said: “During the event, it was clear just how well organised and motivated our students are. They were fantastic representatives of the school.”
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets