Pupils run rounders’ tournament in Chadwell heath
Sporty students developed their leadership skills by running a rounders’ tournament in Chadwell Heath.
The three sports leaders from Warren Comprehensive organised the competition at their school in Whalebone Lane North on July 13.
Warren Junior School in Gordon Road, Chadwell Heath, finished first in the contest which pitted the skills of pupils at seven primary schools.
The three year nine leaders who put on the competition are Katie Lucas, Gbemi Oloko and Emma Hodge.
Katie said: “It felt good to be encouraging young people to take part in sport.”
You may also want to watch:
Gbemi added: “I felt proud to be representing our school.”
Their teacher Donna Moran said: “During the event, it was clear just how well organised and motivated our students are. They were fantastic representatives of the school.”
- 1 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 2 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Dog attack hero and diving suit fundraiser in running for awards
- 8 Letter on teachers searching pupils for weapons
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking