Pupils run rounders’ tournament in Chadwell heath
Sporty students developed their leadership skills by running a rounders’ tournament in Chadwell Heath.
The three sports leaders from Warren Comprehensive organised the competition at their school in Whalebone Lane North on July 13.
Warren Junior School in Gordon Road, Chadwell Heath, finished first in the contest which pitted the skills of pupils at seven primary schools.
The three year nine leaders who put on the competition are Katie Lucas, Gbemi Oloko and Emma Hodge.
Katie said: “It felt good to be encouraging young people to take part in sport.”
You may also want to watch:
Gbemi added: “I felt proud to be representing our school.”
Their teacher Donna Moran said: “During the event, it was clear just how well organised and motivated our students are. They were fantastic representatives of the school.”
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory