Read all about it! Dagenham pupils visit Post office
- Credit: Archant
The joys of journalism were shared with the next generation of reporter hopefuls.
Two year four classes from Dagenham’s Henry Green Primary School visited the Post’s Maritime House office for a media masterclass.
Wednesday’s session included an overview of how the paper is put together each week and an insight into how shorthand is an invaluable skill for covering court cases.
The inquisitive amethyst and garnet classes also turned the tables to ask news editor Janine Rasiah their burning questions.
These covered everything from what happens when something incorrect is printed to what the pay is like.
And one youngster was even interviewed to be featured as our star of the week for the press gang page.
The pupils will be learning about journalism in their English lessons over the coming weeks.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 7 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 8 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
Janine said: “The groups showed great enthusiasm which was lovely to see.”