Read all about it! Dagenham pupils visit Post office
- Credit: Archant
The joys of journalism were shared with the next generation of reporter hopefuls.
Two year four classes from Dagenham’s Henry Green Primary School visited the Post’s Maritime House office for a media masterclass.
Wednesday’s session included an overview of how the paper is put together each week and an insight into how shorthand is an invaluable skill for covering court cases.
The inquisitive amethyst and garnet classes also turned the tables to ask news editor Janine Rasiah their burning questions.
These covered everything from what happens when something incorrect is printed to what the pay is like.
You may also want to watch:
And one youngster was even interviewed to be featured as our star of the week for the press gang page.
The pupils will be learning about journalism in their English lessons over the coming weeks.
- 1 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 2 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 6 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 7 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 8 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 9 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
Janine said: “The groups showed great enthusiasm which was lovely to see.”