Read all about it! Dagenham pupils visit Post office
- Credit: Archant
The joys of journalism were shared with the next generation of reporter hopefuls.
Two year four classes from Dagenham’s Henry Green Primary School visited the Post’s Maritime House office for a media masterclass.
Wednesday’s session included an overview of how the paper is put together each week and an insight into how shorthand is an invaluable skill for covering court cases.
The inquisitive amethyst and garnet classes also turned the tables to ask news editor Janine Rasiah their burning questions.
These covered everything from what happens when something incorrect is printed to what the pay is like.
You may also want to watch:
And one youngster was even interviewed to be featured as our star of the week for the press gang page.
The pupils will be learning about journalism in their English lessons over the coming weeks.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 7 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 8 Margaret Hodge: 'This government has made a bleak winter certain'
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
Janine said: “The groups showed great enthusiasm which was lovely to see.”