Reindeer and wreaths kick off college Christmas market
- Credit: Archant
Barking and Dagenham College students celebrated a successful festive fair with reindeer, wreaths and pastries.
Scholars mingled with Santa and his two helpers Rudolph and Dasher at the college’s Christmas market.
Guests kept warm with gingerbread lattes and hazelnut hot chocolates served from the Dagenham Road, Dagenham further education centre’s coffee shop, with seasonal pastries provided by catering and hospitality students.
Students stocked and managed all the stalls at the event, which ran from 3.30pm to 7pm on Thursday.
Helpers ranged from fashion and textile students, who designed bespoke Christmas post cards, to those studying floristry, who created lavish wreaths.
You may also want to watch:
Hair and beauty services were also on offer, though sources could not confirm whether Santa and his furry friends decided to ditch their shaggy look for something more modern.
- 1 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 2 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 3 Dog attack hero and diving suit fundraiser in running for awards
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 6 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 7 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 8 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Letter on teachers searching pupils for weapons
- 10 Get a Covid jab at these Barking and Dagenham pop-up clinics