Reindeer and wreaths kick off college Christmas market
- Credit: Archant
Barking and Dagenham College students celebrated a successful festive fair with reindeer, wreaths and pastries.
Scholars mingled with Santa and his two helpers Rudolph and Dasher at the college’s Christmas market.
Guests kept warm with gingerbread lattes and hazelnut hot chocolates served from the Dagenham Road, Dagenham further education centre’s coffee shop, with seasonal pastries provided by catering and hospitality students.
Students stocked and managed all the stalls at the event, which ran from 3.30pm to 7pm on Thursday.
Helpers ranged from fashion and textile students, who designed bespoke Christmas post cards, to those studying floristry, who created lavish wreaths.
You may also want to watch:
Hair and beauty services were also on offer, though sources could not confirm whether Santa and his furry friends decided to ditch their shaggy look for something more modern.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils