Reindeer and wreaths kick off college Christmas market
- Credit: Archant
Barking and Dagenham College students celebrated a successful festive fair with reindeer, wreaths and pastries.
Scholars mingled with Santa and his two helpers Rudolph and Dasher at the college’s Christmas market.
Guests kept warm with gingerbread lattes and hazelnut hot chocolates served from the Dagenham Road, Dagenham further education centre’s coffee shop, with seasonal pastries provided by catering and hospitality students.
Students stocked and managed all the stalls at the event, which ran from 3.30pm to 7pm on Thursday.
Helpers ranged from fashion and textile students, who designed bespoke Christmas post cards, to those studying floristry, who created lavish wreaths.
You may also want to watch:
Hair and beauty services were also on offer, though sources could not confirm whether Santa and his furry friends decided to ditch their shaggy look for something more modern.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad