Footballers from Barking school take on French sides and visit PSG stadium during tour
- Credit: Archant
A group of promising footballers from a Barking school had an unforgettable trip to France to test their skills against local sides.
Riverside School pupils were based at CDFAS Sports Center in Eaubonn, which has been used by professional footballers such as Didier Drogba and the Ivory Coast national squad when visiting France.
As well as taking on French teams in a football tournament, they took in the world famous sights of Paris and had a guided tour of Le Parc des Princes, the home stadium of Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint Germain.
PE teacher Aidan Bailey, who organised the trip, said: "It was a brilliant week, all the students behaved impeccably well and it was a pleasure to see the enjoyment they had.
"We can't wait to do it again next year."
You may also want to watch:
The council's director of people and resilience Elaine Allegretti said: "It's fantastic that our talented Barking and Dagenham students have the opportunity to see the world, experience new cultures, and demonstrate their skills and team spirit."
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 4 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out