‘We now have world class facilities to support world class talents’: Robert Clack School students enjoy £6m refit
- Credit: Archant
The arts are now firmly at the heart of a school thanks to its multi-million-pound expansion.
Students at Robert Clack School in Dagenham will enjoy a new drama and music space built thanks to a £6million refit including 17 new classrooms and a sixth form room.
Headteacher, Russell Taylor, said: “As a heavily oversubscribed school, we are pleased our new buildings and facilities mean more children can be offered a place at their first-choice school.
“We are delighted that as part of this expansion programme we now have world class facilities to support our pupils’ world class talents.”
Tom Mather, construction director for Barking and Dagenham’s regeneration firm, Be First, which advised on the new build, said: “It’s great to see the school embracing the arts because Barking and Dagenham is fast becoming known as London’s latest creative hotspot with new artists’ housing, workspaces and galleries popping up here.”
You may also want to watch:
The development also includes work on the dining hall, school entrance, reception and office area.
It follows a £4m expansion at the school’s lower site last year.
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 3 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 6 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 7 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
- 10 Man shot in the face in Dagenham