Rush Green school’s maths club celebrated at event
- Credit: Ben Stevens
Pupils with a passion for numbers were invited to an event to celebrate their school’s maths club.
Five youngsters from Rush Green Primary travelled to City Hall in central London to attend the ceremony.
Tuesday’s event recognised that the Dagenham Road school was one of 26 across London to receive money from the Mayor’s Fund for London to set up a breakfast maths club for the past year.
Fifty children in years three to six have attended sessions where they play maths games to boost their confidence and attainment in the subject.
Laura Rose Wilkie, head of year six, said the children enjoyed receiving a certificate at the event.
You may also want to watch:
“It was so exciting for them,” she said. “There were only about 20 kids there from across the whole of London.”
- 1 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day
- 4 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 5 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 6 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 7 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Dagenham boss McMahon keen to build on back-to-back wins
- 10 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post