Rush Green school’s maths club celebrated at event
- Credit: Ben Stevens
Pupils with a passion for numbers were invited to an event to celebrate their school’s maths club.
Five youngsters from Rush Green Primary travelled to City Hall in central London to attend the ceremony.
Tuesday’s event recognised that the Dagenham Road school was one of 26 across London to receive money from the Mayor’s Fund for London to set up a breakfast maths club for the past year.
Fifty children in years three to six have attended sessions where they play maths games to boost their confidence and attainment in the subject.
Laura Rose Wilkie, head of year six, said the children enjoyed receiving a certificate at the event.
You may also want to watch:
“It was so exciting for them,” she said. “There were only about 20 kids there from across the whole of London.”
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 5 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal