Sandie Shaw returns to her Dagenham primary school
Sixties singing sensation Sandie Shaw returned to Dagenham to inspire pupils at her former secondary school.
The Eurovision winner is Robert Clack’s most famous ex-student, racking up chart successes with Long Live Love and Puppet on a String.
The singer was among alumni working in a variety of careers to return to the school for weekly skills for life sessions.
The five week programme focused on different careers and helped advise pupils on how to prepare for a successful future.
Visitors included civil servants, beauty students, city workers, engineers and even an ex-pupil who now lives in America.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Golan, skills for life co-ordinator said: “It’s incredible to have ex-students with such a variety of careers willing to give up their time because it can help inspire the current students and have a massive impact on them.”
- 1 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day
- 4 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 5 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 6 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 7 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Dagenham boss McMahon keen to build on back-to-back wins
- 10 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post