Sandie Shaw returns to her Dagenham primary school
Sixties singing sensation Sandie Shaw returned to Dagenham to inspire pupils at her former secondary school.
The Eurovision winner is Robert Clack’s most famous ex-student, racking up chart successes with Long Live Love and Puppet on a String.
The singer was among alumni working in a variety of careers to return to the school for weekly skills for life sessions.
The five week programme focused on different careers and helped advise pupils on how to prepare for a successful future.
Visitors included civil servants, beauty students, city workers, engineers and even an ex-pupil who now lives in America.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Golan, skills for life co-ordinator said: “It’s incredible to have ex-students with such a variety of careers willing to give up their time because it can help inspire the current students and have a massive impact on them.”
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 4 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 8 Comedian: 'Jeff's in space and I'm stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner'
- 9 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 10 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted