Infants school in Dagenham achieves ‘good’ Ofsted rating for second inspection in a row
- Credit: Archant
An infants school in Chadwell Heath has been given the second highest rating by Ofsted.
Furze Infants School in Bennett Road received a ‘good’ rating for its committed staff and high attendance rates.
Inspectors called it a “harmonious and joyful place for pupils to learn”, with staff who are “committed to ensuring pupils have the very best experience”.
The school was also noted for its attendance, which has increased since last year to 96 per cent.
The school’s head, Gary Wilder, said: “This is an excellent report and all should be proud of the progress the school has made. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all members of staff, governors, parents and pupils in achieving such a positive outcome.”
You may also want to watch:
During the one-day visit, inspectors looked at measures the school was taking to discourage poor attendance and help disadvantaged pupils to progress. This was the first inspection since September 2013, when the school was also rated good.
Councillor Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet member for education, said: “This is more fantastic news for Barking and Dagenham schools and demonstrates that the hard work and dedication being put in by staff is paying off.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
“We are determined to give the young people in our borough the best educational start in life by providing opportunities and experiences that will enrich and challenge them to fulfil their potential.”