School searching for sponsors for new minibus
- Credit: Stewart Stevens
A Dagenham primary school is looking for businesses to sponsor its new minibus.
Southwood Primary School has already raised more than £3,500 towards the 17 seater vehicle through a sponsored dance and a school fete, but it is still around £3,000 short of the goal.
And now the Keppel Road, Dagenham school is offering to put the logo of a local business - or businesses - on the side of the bus in exchange for the remaining cash.
"We want to use it to take children on trips, to sports events, things like that," teacher Stewart Stevens explained.
"It will be used by all the year groups.
You may also want to watch:
"The logo will be on the side of the bus for the whole lifetime of the bus, or two or three logos if businesses each donate a little bit."
For more information or to sponsor the minibus, contact Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils