Schools Easter special: Picture gallery of pupils in Barking and Dagenham
As children prepared to break up for Easter, schools in Barking and Dagenham embraced the holiday spirit with a range of competitions, craft workshops and egg-themed activities.
At Marks Gate Infants school the whole school got together for a sing-a-long on the community green.
Kitted out in Easter bonnets that they had made themselves the youngsters crooned away for parents and teachers.
Over at Manor Infants, on the Sandringham Site, an Eggstravaganza allowed little ones to get creative with their Easter-themed pictures, masks and baskets.
Another group of eager youngsters made their own bonnets at Dorothy Barley Junior School and the proud winners in Years 1 and 2 were treated to chocolate eggs.
You may also want to watch:
And at Leys Primary School, events were fittingly given an Olympics theme.
Children made Easter baskets and decorated their own eggs at Northbury Infant School in North Street, Barking.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
Youngsters aged four to seven-years-old created designs with PVA glue, foil and ribbon during their special Easter-themed arts class
The children’s eggs, hats and decorations – which filled three tables – were entered into a special competition to be judged.
Scroll through our picture gallery to see the images.