Schools in Barking and Dagenham up for awards in creativity and science, technology and engineering
- Credit: Archant
Schools in Barking and Dagenham have been shortlisted for two prestigious academic awards.
Dagenham Park Church of England School and Eastbury Community School in Barking are in the running for the Times Educational Supplement (TES) Schools Awards.
Eastbury is up for Creative School of the Year, while Dagenham Park is nominated for Science, Technology and Engineering Team of the Year.
Eastbury’s head, David Dickson, said: “The shortlisting for this prestigious award is a tribute to the dedicated and professional work of our great science team, who have provided many opportunities for all our pupils to take part in, a wide range of after school clubs trips, and to take part in international scientific research.
Head of Dagenham Park School, Chris Ash, said “We value the unique creative individuality of each and every one of our students. We are delighted that the hard work of all associated with the school has been recognized.”
You may also want to watch:
The winners will be announced on June 22.
- 1 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 2 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 5 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 6 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking