Schools in Barking and Dagenham up for awards in creativity and science, technology and engineering
- Credit: Archant
Schools in Barking and Dagenham have been shortlisted for two prestigious academic awards.
Dagenham Park Church of England School and Eastbury Community School in Barking are in the running for the Times Educational Supplement (TES) Schools Awards.
Eastbury is up for Creative School of the Year, while Dagenham Park is nominated for Science, Technology and Engineering Team of the Year.
Eastbury’s head, David Dickson, said: “The shortlisting for this prestigious award is a tribute to the dedicated and professional work of our great science team, who have provided many opportunities for all our pupils to take part in, a wide range of after school clubs trips, and to take part in international scientific research.
Head of Dagenham Park School, Chris Ash, said “We value the unique creative individuality of each and every one of our students. We are delighted that the hard work of all associated with the school has been recognized.”
You may also want to watch:
The winners will be announced on June 22.
- 1 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
- 2 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 3 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 4 Patrols target antisocial behaviour in Barking town centre
- 5 Mum of girl with rare genetic condition vows to keep raising awareness
- 6 What is changing when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- 9 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog