Northbury Primary School teacher leaves school after 27 years service
- Credit: Michael Cockerham
A veteran teacher of Northbury Primary School in Barking is leaving after 27 years of service.
Kulvinder Johal, a science teacher and space fanatic, has helped her pupils to meet astronauts Tim Peake and Al Worden.
Fellow teachers said she’ll leave behind an impactful legacy on the school’s science department.
She said: “I am sad to leave the school and the families after so many years.
“However, I am looking forward to sharing my love of science with the wider teaching community.”
Kulvinder took her students to Cologne to meet Tim Peake after he returned from his Principia mission. She’s also arranged visits with Stephen Hawking, astronaut Commander Hadfield and Strictly Dancing star, Lauren Steadman.
She’s arranged countless extravagant science lessons, including a visit from Cambridge University professor, Dr Helen Mason.
- 1 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 2 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 3 Family of woman who died after surgery in Turkey 'to pursue legal action' in search for truth
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 6 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 7 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 8 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 9 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 10 McMahon 'really disappointed' to see Dagenham & Redbridge defeated by Stockport
Dr Mason said: “Kulvinder is one of the most generous and inspirational teachers I met.
“She goes out of her way to provide students with life changing experience and encounters.”