Northbury Primary School teacher leaves school after 27 years service
- Credit: Michael Cockerham
A veteran teacher of Northbury Primary School in Barking is leaving after 27 years of service.
Kulvinder Johal, a science teacher and space fanatic, has helped her pupils to meet astronauts Tim Peake and Al Worden.
Fellow teachers said she’ll leave behind an impactful legacy on the school’s science department.
She said: “I am sad to leave the school and the families after so many years.
“However, I am looking forward to sharing my love of science with the wider teaching community.”
You may also want to watch:
Kulvinder took her students to Cologne to meet Tim Peake after he returned from his Principia mission. She’s also arranged visits with Stephen Hawking, astronaut Commander Hadfield and Strictly Dancing star, Lauren Steadman.
She’s arranged countless extravagant science lessons, including a visit from Cambridge University professor, Dr Helen Mason.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 7 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Barking and Dagenham goes two weeks without Covid-19 deaths
- 10 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
Dr Mason said: “Kulvinder is one of the most generous and inspirational teachers I met.
“She goes out of her way to provide students with life changing experience and encounters.”