Shoppers enjoy colourful Barking and Dagenham College market
Barking and Dagenham College certainly had the sunshine to fit their summer market last week.
With around 25 professional market stalls to peruse hundreds of people flocked to the college yesterday.
The market was an opportunity for some of the entrepreneurial students to create an idea, product or service and sell it to the public.
The students sold products such as cakes, sweets, jewellery, clothing and accessories. Beauty treatments and henna was also available as well as a BBQ run by the food studies students.
Visitors also got to meet some pigs, baby goats, chicks and rabbits at the petting farm.
You may also want to watch:
Senior marketing officer, Jenna Smith, said: “We were really shocked by how many members of the public came along. It was a great opportunity for our students to show their entrepreneurial side.”
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 9 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 10 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete