Shoppers enjoy colourful Barking and Dagenham College market
Barking and Dagenham College certainly had the sunshine to fit their summer market last week.
With around 25 professional market stalls to peruse hundreds of people flocked to the college yesterday.
The market was an opportunity for some of the entrepreneurial students to create an idea, product or service and sell it to the public.
The students sold products such as cakes, sweets, jewellery, clothing and accessories. Beauty treatments and henna was also available as well as a BBQ run by the food studies students.
Visitors also got to meet some pigs, baby goats, chicks and rabbits at the petting farm.
You may also want to watch:
Senior marketing officer, Jenna Smith, said: “We were really shocked by how many members of the public came along. It was a great opportunity for our students to show their entrepreneurial side.”
- 1 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day
- 4 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 7 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post