Shoppers enjoy colourful Barking and Dagenham College market
Barking and Dagenham College certainly had the sunshine to fit their summer market last week.
With around 25 professional market stalls to peruse hundreds of people flocked to the college yesterday.
The market was an opportunity for some of the entrepreneurial students to create an idea, product or service and sell it to the public.
The students sold products such as cakes, sweets, jewellery, clothing and accessories. Beauty treatments and henna was also available as well as a BBQ run by the food studies students.
Visitors also got to meet some pigs, baby goats, chicks and rabbits at the petting farm.
You may also want to watch:
Senior marketing officer, Jenna Smith, said: “We were really shocked by how many members of the public came along. It was a great opportunity for our students to show their entrepreneurial side.”
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 9 Comedian: 'Jeff's in space and I'm stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner'
- 10 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted