Sign up to study at Coventry University’s Dagenham Civic Centre campus
- Credit: Archant
Budding students can enrol to be among the first to study at a new campus based in Dagenham Civic Centre.
Coventry University will offer degrees at the Rainham Road North site via a non-traditional style of teaching and learning from September next year.
It aims to make higher education more accessible through lower fees, lower entry requirements and more flexibility – including Saturday seminars for people who work during the week.
During yesterday’s visit, professor John Latham, the university’s vice-chancellor, said: “Our focus is on giving our students a top class experience across all aspects of their academic life.”
Council leader Cllr Darren Rodwell said: “We are delighted to have attracted such a high calibre university, benefiting the surrounding area and local economy.”
You may also want to watch:
The council will retain ownership of the building but will rent it to the awardwinning university on a 10-year lease.
For more information, or to sign up, visit coventry.ac.uk/cul
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 PICTURES: People enjoy new 'rule of six' at Barking and Dagenham parks
- 4 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 8 Column: Dagenham & Redbridge must strive for redemption
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears