Sign up to study at Coventry University’s Dagenham Civic Centre campus
- Credit: Archant
Budding students can enrol to be among the first to study at a new campus based in Dagenham Civic Centre.
Coventry University will offer degrees at the Rainham Road North site via a non-traditional style of teaching and learning from September next year.
It aims to make higher education more accessible through lower fees, lower entry requirements and more flexibility – including Saturday seminars for people who work during the week.
During yesterday’s visit, professor John Latham, the university’s vice-chancellor, said: “Our focus is on giving our students a top class experience across all aspects of their academic life.”
Council leader Cllr Darren Rodwell said: “We are delighted to have attracted such a high calibre university, benefiting the surrounding area and local economy.”
You may also want to watch:
The council will retain ownership of the building but will rent it to the awardwinning university on a 10-year lease.
For more information, or to sign up, visit coventry.ac.uk/cul
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 4 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 7 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 8 Barking and Dagenham racks up most blue badge-related fines, study shows
- 9 Admissions open for new Barking school
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection