Sign up to study at Coventry University’s Dagenham Civic Centre campus
- Credit: Archant
Budding students can enrol to be among the first to study at a new campus based in Dagenham Civic Centre.
Coventry University will offer degrees at the Rainham Road North site via a non-traditional style of teaching and learning from September next year.
It aims to make higher education more accessible through lower fees, lower entry requirements and more flexibility – including Saturday seminars for people who work during the week.
During yesterday’s visit, professor John Latham, the university’s vice-chancellor, said: “Our focus is on giving our students a top class experience across all aspects of their academic life.”
Council leader Cllr Darren Rodwell said: “We are delighted to have attracted such a high calibre university, benefiting the surrounding area and local economy.”
You may also want to watch:
The council will retain ownership of the building but will rent it to the awardwinning university on a 10-year lease.
For more information, or to sign up, visit coventry.ac.uk/cul
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 6 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out