Smiles all round at All Saints
Proud pupils and parents gathered in Dagenham last Thursday for All Saint’s RC School’s awards evening.
Council leader Liam Smith was guest of honour at the school on Terling Road.
Students told the Post how satisfying it was to go on stage and pick up their prizes after working hard all year.
Kenny Glass, 16, who �received the science prize for Year 11, said: “I have put a lot of effort into doing my BTEC science.
“I’m grateful for it as they could have picked so many other people. It feels great to have received it.”
You may also want to watch:
Olivia Jones, also 16, won the drama prize and gave a speech. She added: “It is pretty much about hard work and how much extra time you put in.”
Stanley Kadzunge, 13, took home two prizes for sport and music. He said: “I think I got it because a lot of Year 7 pupils come up to me asking how to get into sports and I help them.”
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend