Smiles all round at All Saints
Proud pupils and parents gathered in Dagenham last Thursday for All Saint’s RC School’s awards evening.
Council leader Liam Smith was guest of honour at the school on Terling Road.
Students told the Post how satisfying it was to go on stage and pick up their prizes after working hard all year.
Kenny Glass, 16, who �received the science prize for Year 11, said: “I have put a lot of effort into doing my BTEC science.
“I’m grateful for it as they could have picked so many other people. It feels great to have received it.”
You may also want to watch:
Olivia Jones, also 16, won the drama prize and gave a speech. She added: “It is pretty much about hard work and how much extra time you put in.”
Stanley Kadzunge, 13, took home two prizes for sport and music. He said: “I think I got it because a lot of Year 7 pupils come up to me asking how to get into sports and I help them.”
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites