Spanish night at Dagenham school raises £900 for expedition
- Credit: Archant
Senses were alive with Spanish tastes and rhythms at a special fundraising night at Jo Richardson School.
Staff and students raised more than £900 on Friday last week for an upcoming expedition to Nicaragua, and will use the money to refurbish a small rural school in Granada.
More than 180 people were treated to a dinner of paella, tortillas, Spanish chicken and spicy soup – all prepared by staff and students – before dancers entertained the guests with their enthusiasm and vibrant costumes.
A total of 42 students from years nine to 13, and 10 members of staff, will spend 16 nights in the Caribbean as part of their global challenge to help a small community.
“This has been a real team effort and has allowed the team to bond in readiness for our mammoth adventure,” said teacher Kala Boller.
You may also want to watch:
“We offer such expeditions every two years in order for our young people to experience the world of travel and that is something we are very proud of at Jo Richardson.”
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 College student selected as national finalist with pearly king photo series
- 8 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Admissions open for new Barking school