Star pupils gather in their fineries for the Dagenham WOSCARS
- Credit: Archant
Forget the Oscars, the Woscars are glitziest ceremony in town.
Pupils and staff at the Warren School in Whalebone Lane, Chadwell Heath, dressed in their finest gowns and tuxedos for a range of media awards in categories such as best film, best actor and actress and best cameo by a teacher.
The awards night on Tuesday, March 12, was a celebration of the school’s media studies classes and even included videos of acceptance speeches in true Hollywood style.
Mike Todd, head of media studies, said: “It was a great night and unlike anything we’d ever hosted before.”
Pupils even had an encounter with the notorious British paparazzi as student of the month award winner for January Jordan Mann took snaps of the school’s best and brightest.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “The film openings and trailers were brilliant.”
The Performing Arts faculty hosted the evening which showcased the musical and film-making talents of Warren pupils.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters