Ford sponsored techincal college in Dagenham seeks new students
- Credit: Archant
A technical college sponsored by Ford is on the look out for new students.
East London University Technical College, known as Elutec, wants to hear from young people aged 14 to 19 who are interested in engineering, design and technology, sciences and maths.
The college in Yew Tree Avenue, Dagenham – sponsored by University College London and CEME as well as Ford – is recruiting for Years 10 and 12 to start this September.
Principal, Kim Donovan Maddix, said: “Elutec continues to establish itself as a leading engineering school and UTC.
“In 2018 the year 13 students all progressed to excellent destinations, with 60 per cent going to university and 40pc to apprenticeships.
“We welcome applications from students with a passion in engineering, science and maths, as well as those who wish to progress to apprenticeships at the end of their school career.”
Cllr Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet member for educational attainment, said on a recent visit: “The facilities are fantastic. I would recommend that any young person who would like a career in engineering or design and technology to seriously consider Elutec.”
- 1 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 2 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 3 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 4 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 5 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 7 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 8 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 9 Family of woman who died after surgery in Turkey 'to pursue legal action' in search for truth
- 10 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
For more information visit elutec.co.uk