Ford sponsored techincal college in Dagenham seeks new students
- Credit: Archant
A technical college sponsored by Ford is on the look out for new students.
East London University Technical College, known as Elutec, wants to hear from young people aged 14 to 19 who are interested in engineering, design and technology, sciences and maths.
The college in Yew Tree Avenue, Dagenham – sponsored by University College London and CEME as well as Ford – is recruiting for Years 10 and 12 to start this September.
Principal, Kim Donovan Maddix, said: “Elutec continues to establish itself as a leading engineering school and UTC.
“In 2018 the year 13 students all progressed to excellent destinations, with 60 per cent going to university and 40pc to apprenticeships.
You may also want to watch:
“We welcome applications from students with a passion in engineering, science and maths, as well as those who wish to progress to apprenticeships at the end of their school career.”
Cllr Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet member for educational attainment, said on a recent visit: “The facilities are fantastic. I would recommend that any young person who would like a career in engineering or design and technology to seriously consider Elutec.”
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 10 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
For more information visit elutec.co.uk