Ford sponsored techincal college in Dagenham seeks new students
- Credit: Archant
A technical college sponsored by Ford is on the look out for new students.
East London University Technical College, known as Elutec, wants to hear from young people aged 14 to 19 who are interested in engineering, design and technology, sciences and maths.
The college in Yew Tree Avenue, Dagenham – sponsored by University College London and CEME as well as Ford – is recruiting for Years 10 and 12 to start this September.
Principal, Kim Donovan Maddix, said: “Elutec continues to establish itself as a leading engineering school and UTC.
“In 2018 the year 13 students all progressed to excellent destinations, with 60 per cent going to university and 40pc to apprenticeships.
You may also want to watch:
“We welcome applications from students with a passion in engineering, science and maths, as well as those who wish to progress to apprenticeships at the end of their school career.”
Cllr Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet member for educational attainment, said on a recent visit: “The facilities are fantastic. I would recommend that any young person who would like a career in engineering or design and technology to seriously consider Elutec.”
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 5 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
For more information visit elutec.co.uk