Eastbrook School students capture Dagenham’s old Civic Centre in photography competition
- Credit: Archant
Eastbrook School students took part in a photography competition at Dagenham’s old Civic Centre.
The Grade II listed building, which is now home to Coventry University’s London campus, was taken over by 25 Year 9 pupils who were asked to capture the site as iconically as they could.
The winner was Ellie Clarke, who received a £20 Amazon voucher. Her photo will be hung up at the entrance of the building and it will also be used on CU London’s future marketing material.
Amir Nathan, head of photography at the Dagenham Road school, said: “The competition was a great opportunity for our pupils to learn more about the Civic Centre, which is one of the great buildings in our area.
“We have a lot of talented students who really took to the challenge. It was a great experience for those who took part.”
You may also want to watch:
Andy Ginn, associate pro vice-chancellor at CU London, said: “Giving the pupils a chance to unleash their creative side as well as learning more about the history of this iconic building is something we are proud to have been able to do.”
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 6 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 7 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 10 Man shot in the face in Dagenham