Eastbrook School students capture Dagenham’s old Civic Centre in photography competition
- Credit: Archant
Eastbrook School students took part in a photography competition at Dagenham’s old Civic Centre.
The Grade II listed building, which is now home to Coventry University’s London campus, was taken over by 25 Year 9 pupils who were asked to capture the site as iconically as they could.
The winner was Ellie Clarke, who received a £20 Amazon voucher. Her photo will be hung up at the entrance of the building and it will also be used on CU London’s future marketing material.
Amir Nathan, head of photography at the Dagenham Road school, said: “The competition was a great opportunity for our pupils to learn more about the Civic Centre, which is one of the great buildings in our area.
“We have a lot of talented students who really took to the challenge. It was a great experience for those who took part.”
You may also want to watch:
Andy Ginn, associate pro vice-chancellor at CU London, said: “Giving the pupils a chance to unleash their creative side as well as learning more about the history of this iconic building is something we are proud to have been able to do.”
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences