Students perform stunts at school evening in Dagenham
Students showed off their sporting and intellectual prowess at an open evening giving a glimpse of life at their secondary school.
Eastbrook School scientists performed flame tests, trampolinists took part in acrobatic stunts and the debate team discussed child labour on September 20.
Budding actors at the secondary school in Dagenham Road danced and mathematicians revelled in a mind-bending array of mental challenges.
Prospective students also had the opportunity to find out about the academic progress and opportunities available at the comprehensive.
Head of media Glenn Anderson, 42, said: “Parents commented on the warm and friendly atmosphere around the school.
You may also want to watch:
“However, the true stars of the show were the team of dedicated student volunteers who refreshed and impressed the visitors with their good manners, maturity and helpfulness.”
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 9 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL