Students perform stunts at school evening in Dagenham
Students showed off their sporting and intellectual prowess at an open evening giving a glimpse of life at their secondary school.
Eastbrook School scientists performed flame tests, trampolinists took part in acrobatic stunts and the debate team discussed child labour on September 20.
Budding actors at the secondary school in Dagenham Road danced and mathematicians revelled in a mind-bending array of mental challenges.
Prospective students also had the opportunity to find out about the academic progress and opportunities available at the comprehensive.
Head of media Glenn Anderson, 42, said: “Parents commented on the warm and friendly atmosphere around the school.
You may also want to watch:
“However, the true stars of the show were the team of dedicated student volunteers who refreshed and impressed the visitors with their good manners, maturity and helpfulness.”
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 8 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 9 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Barking FC set for big week in the Cup