GCSE results: Sydney Russell celebrates bumper crop of top grades
- Credit: Sydney Russell
More students than ever have achieved top grades in this year’s GCSE results at Sydney Russell secondary, according to principal Janis Davies.
The school saw half of students achieve 9 to 5s in both English and maths (equivalent to A* to C).
Ms Davies also applauded pupil Afzal Hussain, who won a scholarship to the prestigious Eton college.
"It's been a fantastic year again for SRS as our results go from strength to strength," said the principal.
"Our students have worked incredibly hard and this is reflected in the results they have achieved across the board, regardless of their starting point.
You may also want to watch:
"We are particularly delighted in the number who have achieved the English Baccalaureate as well as the top grades."
For an EBacc, pupils must pass subjects including English, maths, geography or history, a science and a language.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 6 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 7 Dagenham restaurant excited to celebrate return of diners 'safely together'
- 8 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 9 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 10 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
"More of our students than ever achieved the exceptional grade 9 and there has been a significant increase in the number achieving grades 9 to 5, which means they will have secured a place at our sixth form."