GCSE results: Sydney Russell celebrates bumper crop of top grades
- Credit: Sydney Russell
More students than ever have achieved top grades in this year’s GCSE results at Sydney Russell secondary, according to principal Janis Davies.
The school saw half of students achieve 9 to 5s in both English and maths (equivalent to A* to C).
Ms Davies also applauded pupil Afzal Hussain, who won a scholarship to the prestigious Eton college.
"It's been a fantastic year again for SRS as our results go from strength to strength," said the principal.
"Our students have worked incredibly hard and this is reflected in the results they have achieved across the board, regardless of their starting point.
You may also want to watch:
"We are particularly delighted in the number who have achieved the English Baccalaureate as well as the top grades."
For an EBacc, pupils must pass subjects including English, maths, geography or history, a science and a language.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Letter: Climate change and the floods
"More of our students than ever achieved the exceptional grade 9 and there has been a significant increase in the number achieving grades 9 to 5, which means they will have secured a place at our sixth form."