GCSE results: Sydney Russell celebrates bumper crop of top grades
- Credit: Sydney Russell
More students than ever have achieved top grades in this year’s GCSE results at Sydney Russell secondary, according to principal Janis Davies.
The school saw half of students achieve 9 to 5s in both English and maths (equivalent to A* to C).
Ms Davies also applauded pupil Afzal Hussain, who won a scholarship to the prestigious Eton college.
"It's been a fantastic year again for SRS as our results go from strength to strength," said the principal.
"Our students have worked incredibly hard and this is reflected in the results they have achieved across the board, regardless of their starting point.
"We are particularly delighted in the number who have achieved the English Baccalaureate as well as the top grades."
For an EBacc, pupils must pass subjects including English, maths, geography or history, a science and a language.
- 1 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 2 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 3 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
- 6 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 8 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 9 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
"More of our students than ever achieved the exceptional grade 9 and there has been a significant increase in the number achieving grades 9 to 5, which means they will have secured a place at our sixth form."