Dagenham school alumni come together to reconnect, network and inspire the next generation
- Credit: Archant
Former students of a Dagenham school from across three decades have come together to reminisce, network and celebrate its alumni programme.
The Sydney Russell School alumni network was established in August 2018 and has 226 members, who have signed up to reconnect to the school and inspire current students.
More than 90 guests, including former students from 1993 through to this year. attended the inaugural alumni celebration event.
The evening featured performances from current students and speeches from alumni who have provided students with opportunities such as work experience at a law firm and a visit to No.10 Downing Street.
Several members of Sydney Russell teaching staff are former students of the school.
You may also want to watch:
School principal Janis Davies said: "It was a pleasure to meet so many confident, articulate and successful people and to be able to think that we contributed to that success.
"Over the year over 800 of our students have benefited from alumni interaction.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 9 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
"I am very proud that SRS alumni are represented across the globe and in all the professions - law, medicine, the arts, business and education to name just a few.
"Our alumni have become important partners in helping us ensure that our children receive an outstanding education, providing our children with experience, opportunities, networks and the support."
Visit networks.futurefirst.org.uk/former-student/sydneyrussell to sign up for the alumni network.