Dagenham school alumni come together to reconnect, network and inspire the next generation
- Credit: Archant
Former students of a Dagenham school from across three decades have come together to reminisce, network and celebrate its alumni programme.
The Sydney Russell School alumni network was established in August 2018 and has 226 members, who have signed up to reconnect to the school and inspire current students.
More than 90 guests, including former students from 1993 through to this year. attended the inaugural alumni celebration event.
The evening featured performances from current students and speeches from alumni who have provided students with opportunities such as work experience at a law firm and a visit to No.10 Downing Street.
Several members of Sydney Russell teaching staff are former students of the school.
You may also want to watch:
School principal Janis Davies said: "It was a pleasure to meet so many confident, articulate and successful people and to be able to think that we contributed to that success.
"Over the year over 800 of our students have benefited from alumni interaction.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 7 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Barking and Dagenham goes two weeks without Covid-19 deaths
- 10 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
"I am very proud that SRS alumni are represented across the globe and in all the professions - law, medicine, the arts, business and education to name just a few.
"Our alumni have become important partners in helping us ensure that our children receive an outstanding education, providing our children with experience, opportunities, networks and the support."
Visit networks.futurefirst.org.uk/former-student/sydneyrussell to sign up for the alumni network.