Time running out to apply for Barking and Dagenham secondary school places
- Credit: Archant
Parents whose children are due to start secondary school next year have just a few days left to submit their preferences.
Applications must be in by Saturday and, as the move is not an automatic process, you must identify the schools you would prefer your child to go to
Cllr Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet member for education and schools, said: “Moving to secondary school is an important change for parents to support their children through, so I encourage all parents who need to apply to do so before the deadline on October 31 and to name six preferred secondary schools to avoid disappointment.
“Make your applications straight away and help your children make the best start to their secondary school education and on the right track to realising their aspirations.”
Results will be emailed to parents on March 1.
You may also want to watch:
If you need help applying or have any questions you can phone the admissions team on 020 8215 3004. Visit lbbd.gov.uk/admissions to apply.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 What's on across East London this weekend?