Time running out to apply for Barking and Dagenham secondary school places
- Credit: Archant
Parents whose children are due to start secondary school next year have just a few days left to submit their preferences.
Applications must be in by Saturday and, as the move is not an automatic process, you must identify the schools you would prefer your child to go to
Cllr Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet member for education and schools, said: “Moving to secondary school is an important change for parents to support their children through, so I encourage all parents who need to apply to do so before the deadline on October 31 and to name six preferred secondary schools to avoid disappointment.
“Make your applications straight away and help your children make the best start to their secondary school education and on the right track to realising their aspirations.”
Results will be emailed to parents on March 1.
You may also want to watch:
If you need help applying or have any questions you can phone the admissions team on 020 8215 3004. Visit lbbd.gov.uk/admissions to apply.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Former child refugee who founded Barking women's service up for award
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?