Time running out to apply for Barking and Dagenham secondary school places
- Credit: Archant
Parents whose children are due to start secondary school next year have just a few days left to submit their preferences.
Applications must be in by Saturday and, as the move is not an automatic process, you must identify the schools you would prefer your child to go to
Cllr Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet member for education and schools, said: “Moving to secondary school is an important change for parents to support their children through, so I encourage all parents who need to apply to do so before the deadline on October 31 and to name six preferred secondary schools to avoid disappointment.
“Make your applications straight away and help your children make the best start to their secondary school education and on the right track to realising their aspirations.”
Results will be emailed to parents on March 1.
You may also want to watch:
If you need help applying or have any questions you can phone the admissions team on 020 8215 3004. Visit lbbd.gov.uk/admissions to apply.
- 1 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 2 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 3 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 4 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 7 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 10 RSPCA appeal after man allegedly carries dog by collar in Dagenham