Tuition centre could open in Chadwell Heath
Pupils could be given extra tuition in English, maths and science in a shopping area if a new proposal is given the green light.
Developer Ashton’s Development Co. Ltd has submitted plans to open a tuition centre at Tolworth Parade in East Road, Chadwell Heath. The centre would give extra tuition to pupils aged eight to 18 in core subjects including maths, English and science.
Neighbours have complained about the potential lack of parking and the location of the centre as it is near shops.
But Barking and Dagenham Council has recommended that the plans be approved.
A council agenda on the proposals states: “The proposed development would conform to council policy in terms of the protection of retail uses, by retaining an acceptable proportion of retail frontage within the parade.
You may also want to watch:
“The development is also considered to have a comparable impact on residential amenity to a retail use in terms of noise, disturbance, and parking pressures.”
Councillors will examine the plans at Barking Town Hall on Monday night.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 6 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 10 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo