Tuition centre could open in Chadwell Heath
Pupils could be given extra tuition in English, maths and science in a shopping area if a new proposal is given the green light.
Developer Ashton’s Development Co. Ltd has submitted plans to open a tuition centre at Tolworth Parade in East Road, Chadwell Heath. The centre would give extra tuition to pupils aged eight to 18 in core subjects including maths, English and science.
Neighbours have complained about the potential lack of parking and the location of the centre as it is near shops.
But Barking and Dagenham Council has recommended that the plans be approved.
A council agenda on the proposals states: “The proposed development would conform to council policy in terms of the protection of retail uses, by retaining an acceptable proportion of retail frontage within the parade.
You may also want to watch:
“The development is also considered to have a comparable impact on residential amenity to a retail use in terms of noise, disturbance, and parking pressures.”
Councillors will examine the plans at Barking Town Hall on Monday night.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 6 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 7 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 10 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall