Dagenham teacher celebrates after scooping award from schools chain
- Credit: Archant
A primary teacher just starting out in her career has scooped an award.
Staff and students at Goresbrook School in Cook Road, Dagenham, are celebrating after Laura Birdsey was named primary NQT of the year at a gala held in Sheffield on Friday.
Laura picked up the award at United Learning's national Best in Everyone Awards which celebrate the achievements of pupils and staff from its chain of schools.
Laura said: "I am absolutely over the moon and feel extremely honoured and privileged to have been nominated, let alone receive this award.
"Although it has been a challenging year, I have loved every single minute and could not have done it without my wonderful students and the support of everyone at Goresbrook."
You may also want to watch:
She was nominated by colleagues for her positive attitude, dedication to pupils and attention to detail.
Congratulating Laura, principal David Ellison said: "Laura's enthusiasm, dedication and drive to bring out the best in others are apparent in everything she does.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
"She creates excitement in lessons and works tirelessly to give pupils the best education."