Dagenham teacher celebrates after scooping award from schools chain
- Credit: Archant
A primary teacher just starting out in her career has scooped an award.
Staff and students at Goresbrook School in Cook Road, Dagenham, are celebrating after Laura Birdsey was named primary NQT of the year at a gala held in Sheffield on Friday.
Laura picked up the award at United Learning's national Best in Everyone Awards which celebrate the achievements of pupils and staff from its chain of schools.
Laura said: "I am absolutely over the moon and feel extremely honoured and privileged to have been nominated, let alone receive this award.
"Although it has been a challenging year, I have loved every single minute and could not have done it without my wonderful students and the support of everyone at Goresbrook."
You may also want to watch:
She was nominated by colleagues for her positive attitude, dedication to pupils and attention to detail.
Congratulating Laura, principal David Ellison said: "Laura's enthusiasm, dedication and drive to bring out the best in others are apparent in everything she does.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 7 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 10 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
"She creates excitement in lessons and works tirelessly to give pupils the best education."