Dagenham teacher celebrates after scooping award from schools chain
- Credit: Archant
A primary teacher just starting out in her career has scooped an award.
Staff and students at Goresbrook School in Cook Road, Dagenham, are celebrating after Laura Birdsey was named primary NQT of the year at a gala held in Sheffield on Friday.
Laura picked up the award at United Learning's national Best in Everyone Awards which celebrate the achievements of pupils and staff from its chain of schools.
Laura said: "I am absolutely over the moon and feel extremely honoured and privileged to have been nominated, let alone receive this award.
"Although it has been a challenging year, I have loved every single minute and could not have done it without my wonderful students and the support of everyone at Goresbrook."
You may also want to watch:
She was nominated by colleagues for her positive attitude, dedication to pupils and attention to detail.
Congratulating Laura, principal David Ellison said: "Laura's enthusiasm, dedication and drive to bring out the best in others are apparent in everything she does.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 7 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 10 Barking Riverside residents' frustration at new station delay
"She creates excitement in lessons and works tirelessly to give pupils the best education."