Dagenham teacher celebrates after scooping award from schools chain
- Credit: Archant
A primary teacher just starting out in her career has scooped an award.
Staff and students at Goresbrook School in Cook Road, Dagenham, are celebrating after Laura Birdsey was named primary NQT of the year at a gala held in Sheffield on Friday.
Laura picked up the award at United Learning's national Best in Everyone Awards which celebrate the achievements of pupils and staff from its chain of schools.
Laura said: "I am absolutely over the moon and feel extremely honoured and privileged to have been nominated, let alone receive this award.
"Although it has been a challenging year, I have loved every single minute and could not have done it without my wonderful students and the support of everyone at Goresbrook."
She was nominated by colleagues for her positive attitude, dedication to pupils and attention to detail.
Congratulating Laura, principal David Ellison said: "Laura's enthusiasm, dedication and drive to bring out the best in others are apparent in everything she does.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 2 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 3 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 4 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 5 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 6 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
- 7 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 9 Man pleads not guilty to unlicensed street trading in Dagenham
- 10 Teenager charged with GBH after stabbing in Dagenham
"She creates excitement in lessons and works tirelessly to give pupils the best education."