Dagenham pupil gets a first in his dissertation - in Year 9
- Credit: All Saints
A talented teenager has gained top marks for his dissertation and had his work published in a magazine - and he’s only in Year 9.
All Saints Catholic School pupil Kai Joseph is part of the Brilliant Club, a programme which aims to help secondary school pupils access higher education.
As well as gaining a first for his philosophy dissertation, Kai's essay was also published in the Scholar magazine - the Brilliant Club's termly academic journal to showcase the best work produced by young participants.
"University professors tutor a group of pupils for six to eight weeks at university level study," explained Nick Pauro, assistant headteacher at the Wood Lane, Dagenham school.
"They then produce a piece of work around that study.
You may also want to watch:
"Kai's was so good, very philosophical."
For more information about the Brilliant Club, visit thebrilliantclub.org
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings