Dagenham pupil gets a first in his dissertation - in Year 9
- Credit: All Saints
A talented teenager has gained top marks for his dissertation and had his work published in a magazine - and he’s only in Year 9.
All Saints Catholic School pupil Kai Joseph is part of the Brilliant Club, a programme which aims to help secondary school pupils access higher education.
As well as gaining a first for his philosophy dissertation, Kai's essay was also published in the Scholar magazine - the Brilliant Club's termly academic journal to showcase the best work produced by young participants.
"University professors tutor a group of pupils for six to eight weeks at university level study," explained Nick Pauro, assistant headteacher at the Wood Lane, Dagenham school.
"They then produce a piece of work around that study.
You may also want to watch:
"Kai's was so good, very philosophical."
For more information about the Brilliant Club, visit thebrilliantclub.org
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham