Young voices from Dagenham sing out in unison at blockbuster arena concert
- Credit: Archant
Voices rang out in unison as school pupils from Barking and Dagenham joined 6,000 other young choir singers at a blockbuster arena concert.
Singers from William Bellamy Primary School’s 71-strong choir performed at the Young Voices Concert in London’s 02 Arena, forming part of a wall of choral harmony behind the huge hall’s main stage.
Everything from pop, rock and disco echoed through the arena and pupils had the opportunity to back special guests including Britain’s Got Talent runner-up Connie Talbot, soul-singer Randolph Matthews and the African Children’s Choir, who featured in Gary Barlow’s hit Sing.
Tia Mclean-Amos, of class 4k, said: “We had a wonderful time, It was a great experience. My favourite part was when we all sang together.”
Charlotte Fleisher, aged 8, said: “It was so exciting to sing with Randolph and Connie! It was busy and the whole 02 Arena was filled up. I had loads of fun.”
You may also want to watch:
Pupils from William Bellamy Primary School in Frizlands Lane, Dagenham, at the concert on January 14 were from years three to six,
Teacher Hanna Morris said: “The children have worked really hard this year to learn all the words, Their behaviour was outstanding and they were a credit to their school and families. A fantastic day was had by all.”
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
Richard Alibon Primary School in Alibon Road, Dagenham, will also be appearing at the concert on Tuesday, January 28.
Young Voices is the largest school choir organiser in the world and hosts more than 14 concerts a year in the UK and Ireland.
Each year over 2,500 schools, 90,000 children 6,000 teachers and 120,000 family and friends come together to enjoy music and celebrate singing.
• Visit youngvoices.co.uk for more information.