Eleanor Bounds to silver
NEWHAM AND ESSEX BEAGLES enjoyed a successful weekend at the SEAA Championships at Lee Valley. Under-17 male Tommy Bower and his under-17 female team-mate Eleanor Bounds each won silver medals in the 1,500m event on Sunday. The pair had also won bronze me
NEWHAM AND ESSEX BEAGLES enjoyed a successful weekend at the SEAA Championships at Lee Valley.
Under-17 male Tommy Bower and his under-17 female team-mate Eleanor Bounds each won silver medals in the 1,500m event on Sunday.
The pair had also won bronze medals on day one of the championships in the 800m on the previous Sunday.
Club runner Nakole Iddirisu also took bronze in the 800m, in what was his first event as an under-20.
You may also want to watch:
Victoria Ohuruogu, another first year under-20 athlete, won bronze in the 200m on Saturday but only managed fourth place in a well-contested 60m final.
It was a good day for medals as club newcomer Jasmine Collard-Peters won silver in the under-15 girls' 200m.
- 1 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 2 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 3 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 4 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 5 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
Senior male newcomer Robbie Grabarz also picked up silver in the high jump, whilst JJ Jegede took bronze in the long jump.
Another newcomer, under-20 ace Kola Adedoyin, won gold in the triple jump with a distance of 15.32m.