Eleanor’s the star pupil for Havering
ELEANOR BOUNDS was the highest placed of the quartet of Havering Mayesbrook athletes representing Essex in last weekend s English Schools Cross Country Championships, at Stanford Hall, Leicestershire. Bounds 36th place in 17 minutes 11 seconds was the
ELEANOR BOUNDS was the highest placed of the quartet of Havering Mayesbrook athletes representing Essex in last weekend's English Schools' Cross Country Championships, at Stanford Hall, Leicestershire.
Bounds' 36th place in 17 minutes 11 seconds was the second scorer for the Essex team, which finished fifth.
Grant Twist signed off his schools' account in the senior boys' event, finishing 42nd in 24.46 to lead home the Essex team to sixth.
Also in action was Zoey Littlechild, who stepped up an age group to the senior girls' competition, finishing 109th in 20.23 and Rebecca Stanley made her schools' debut with 119th in the junior girls' competition, with 12.22 as the Essex girls claimed team bronze.
You may also want to watch:
Two special club members received well-deserved awards for both notching up an amazing 50-years service with the club and its predecessors, at the AGM held at Hornchurch Bowls Club.
Former leading club athlete and official Tim Pailthorpe and respected coach Dave Naylor each received special awards presented to them by club president Mark Bishop.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
There were also life-membership awards to Jo Sullivan and Mat Bland, both for 25 years' membership, with Bland's award also in recognition of his honour of achieving a GB Masters vest last year.
The club's annual spring warm-up fixture at Hornchurch Stadium on Sunday, covering track events and jumps, kicks off the outdoor track and field season. Proceedings get under way at 10.30am.
The club's league seasons get under way towards the end of April when the young athletes start their campaign to defend their Eastern Young Athletes League title at St Albans on April 19, while the Southern Womens' and National Junior Leagues get under way on April 25/26.
The men's return to the British League sees them start with a difficult trip to Edinburgh in June, with the other fixtures in Exeter, Mayesbrook and Coventry.
The UK Women's League division three team start off with home advantage on June 7, before trips to Bedford and Wigan.