England expects .... to win!
NEWHAM BC 14-year-old Jack England produced the best win of his boxing career, beating St Mary s national champion Tom Woledge on the Lion club show on Friday night. England s sparkling display gave him the edge in a clash of high standard youngsters as h
NEWHAM BC 14-year-old Jack England produced the best win of his boxing career, beating St Mary's national champion Tom Woledge on the Lion club show on Friday night.
England's sparkling display gave him the edge in a clash of high standard youngsters as he produced the telling shots to defeat the outstanding Kent club boxer.
His performance earned the Newham entry a special award as the best visiting boxer at the Lion Club tournament.
In another clash between rivals from the two clubs, there was a points win for Newham's Javade Skeete, when he gained a victory over Kent club rival Tony Saunders.
On the Woking BC show, home club boxer Tony Pidgeley defeated Joe Temple on a majority verdict and Louis Murphy (Woking) outscored Des Johnson (Newham) on a split vote.
- 1 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 2 Local makers market coming to Barking Riverside this Christmas
- 3 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 4 Residents without Covid jab should be challenged, senior councillor says
- 5 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 6 Covid-19: How Barking and Dagenham's figures compare to last year
- 7 Man facing 'lifelong consequences' of Barking traffic cone assault
- 8 Man arrested, two taken to hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 10 Dagenham's injury problems building up ahead of Notts County trip