England in huge win!
England s women thrashed Australia by nine wickets in the first one-day international at Chelmsford on Monday. The Aussies were dismissed for a woeful 133 in 49 overs, and that was only due to 39 not out from Rene Farrell, and a 36-run stand for the final
England's women thrashed Australia by nine wickets in the first one-day international at Chelmsford on Monday.
The Aussies were dismissed for a woeful 133 in 49 overs, and that was only due to 39 not out from Rene Farrell, and a 36-run stand for the final wicket.
Spinner Holly Colvin was the pick of the attack, taking 3-27 from her 10 overs.
Chasing such a meagre total, England opted to bat positively from the start.
You may also want to watch:
Opener Sarah Taylor scored a quickfire 68 from just 74 balls with eight fours, and her partnership of 119 with Caroline Atkins (48 not out) put the result beyond doubt.
Taylor was eventully dismissed, but Claire Taylor made an unbeaten eight, as England romped to 134-1, to win with 23 overs to spare.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 6 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 7 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 8 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years