Enter our quiz and help appeal
CAN you beat the Recorder brainboxes? That question and many more will be answered on December 3 at the quiz event of the year. The competition is a chance to raise money for the Community Links and Recorder s Christmas Toy Appeal. Our annual challenge
CAN you beat the Recorder brainboxes? That question and many more will be answered on December 3 at the quiz event of the year.
The competition is a chance to raise money for the Community Links and Recorder's Christmas Toy Appeal.
Our annual challenge quiz will be held from 7.30pm. Participants can arrive from 7pm at Links' base in Barking Road, Canning Town.
It always provide tension, drama and above all else, fun. The Recorder's own teams will be there.
You may also want to watch:
One of our teams, the Recorder Rejects, will aiming to regain the trophy they won in 2007, but lost out by just two hotly-disputed points to one of Community Links own teams. We warmed up last week by coming second in a quiz at Barking Bowls Club!
As in previous years, tables of eight cost just �60, which will enable a family of disadvantaged children to have a really special Christmas.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
As well as the chance to hold the shiny new trophy for a year, each member of the winning team will get a bottle of wine.
Previous quizzes at the public hall have been oversubscribed, and with interest already running high, early booking is recommended.
If you want to enter a team, contact Kevin Jenkins, Paula Blake or one of the Toy Appeal team at Community Links on (020) 7473 2270.
l Links is staging a Christmas lunch to raise funds for the appeal and buy new toys. Places for the nosh-up on December 17 must be booked. A meal of soup, turkey main course, mince pies and custard or trifle, and a glass of wine, costs �8. Veggie options are available.It takes place from noon to 2pm
l If you want to stage an event to raise money, or collect toys for the appeal, call Links for advice on (020) 7473 2270. If you want to do your own sponsored swim, forms are available from the Recorder or Links.
l If you want to visit Links and find out more about the appeal, help at one of the parties being staged, or want more information, contact Paula Blake on (020) 7473 2270.