Eric Morecambe tribute
IN 1977 The Morecambe and Wise Christmas Special attracted 28 million viewers – half the population of the UK at the time. In the 25 years since Eric Morecambe s untimely death, aged 58, his popularity has not waned. Now, Morecambe celebrates the life o
IN 1977 The Morecambe and Wise Christmas Special attracted 28 million viewers - half the population of the UK at the time.
In the 25 years since Eric Morecambe's untimely death, aged 58, his popularity has not waned.
Now, Morecambe celebrates the life of the man who brought us sunshine. It is the first biographical play about him and became the toast of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August.
It is going on a nationwide tour prior to a West end run and will be at The Broadway, Barking, on Sunday, 5.30pm.
From Morecambe Pier to "Andrew Preview", from tumbleweed to Glenda Jackson, Morecambe offers a moving and gloriously funny portrait of the affectionate lad with the funny bones, the born entertainer, the big-hearted perfectionist.
Bob Golding stars. Writer Tim Whitnall worked with Bob on Peter Kay's Britain's Got the Pop Factor, late last year.
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 3 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 4 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 5 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 6 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 7 Hammers stars surprise hospital patients and staff
- 8 'Affordable' Dagenham housing scheme completed
- 9 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
Tickets are �15.50/�12.50 from the box office, 020 8507 5607 or www.thebroadwaybarking.com.