Eric Morecambe tribute
IN 1977 The Morecambe and Wise Christmas Special attracted 28 million viewers – half the population of the UK at the time. In the 25 years since Eric Morecambe s untimely death, aged 58, his popularity has not waned. Now, Morecambe celebrates the life o
IN 1977 The Morecambe and Wise Christmas Special attracted 28 million viewers - half the population of the UK at the time.
In the 25 years since Eric Morecambe's untimely death, aged 58, his popularity has not waned.
Now, Morecambe celebrates the life of the man who brought us sunshine. It is the first biographical play about him and became the toast of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August.
It is going on a nationwide tour prior to a West end run and will be at The Broadway, Barking, on Sunday, 5.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
From Morecambe Pier to "Andrew Preview", from tumbleweed to Glenda Jackson, Morecambe offers a moving and gloriously funny portrait of the affectionate lad with the funny bones, the born entertainer, the big-hearted perfectionist.
Bob Golding stars. Writer Tim Whitnall worked with Bob on Peter Kay's Britain's Got the Pop Factor, late last year.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
Tickets are �15.50/�12.50 from the box office, 020 8507 5607 or www.thebroadwaybarking.com.