Erik hopes for Moore
East London 72 Great Blakenham 105 EAST LONDON had no answer to league leaders Great Blakenham in their South East Division One encounter last Sunday. The home team started well with a 6-4 victory and two 5-5 heats. They also managed a 7-3 success along
East London 72
Great Blakenham 105
EAST LONDON had no answer to league leaders Great Blakenham in their South East Division One encounter last Sunday.
The home team started well with a 6-4 victory and two 5-5 heats. They also managed a 7-3 success along with another two 5-5s, but Blakenham hit back with two 7-3's to lead 40-48 at the break.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors increased their lead in the second half and kept up the pressure, running out winners by 33 points.
Alex Zielinski was consistent as ever with 16 points, backed up by Dennis Hubble and Les Stevens, plus a good performance by rookie Erik Moore.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
East London: Zielinski 16+, Hubble 12, Stevens 11, Gunkel, 9+2, Hughes 7+1, Moore 7, Stephens 4, Hughes 4, Smith 2
East London 80
Great Blakenham 90
EAST LONDON were narrowly defeated by penalty points in their South East Division Two match against Great Blakenham.
Even though East London won on the day, they lost out on penalty points due to the inclusion of Division One riders.
The Londoners had to wait until heat six before gaining a heat advantage, when Nick Stephens and Dave Hughes took advantage of an exclusion to race to a 7-3 win.
Heat nine was also profitable as Moore and Les Stevens raced to a 7-3 victory.
The last four heats were even with a 5-5 draw followed by a 6-4 win for East London and two 7-3's to Blakenham bringing the score of the match to 65-60, a five-point win on the day to East London, but defeat overall.
East London: Moore 13+2, Stevens 12+2, Stephens 12, Gunkel 12, G Hughes 10+1, D Hughes 6.