Erik hopes for Moore
East London 72 Great Blakenham 105 EAST LONDON had no answer to league leaders Great Blakenham in their South East Division One encounter last Sunday. The home team started well with a 6-4 victory and two 5-5 heats. They also managed a 7-3 success along
East London 72
Great Blakenham 105
EAST LONDON had no answer to league leaders Great Blakenham in their South East Division One encounter last Sunday.
The home team started well with a 6-4 victory and two 5-5 heats. They also managed a 7-3 success along with another two 5-5s, but Blakenham hit back with two 7-3's to lead 40-48 at the break.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors increased their lead in the second half and kept up the pressure, running out winners by 33 points.
Alex Zielinski was consistent as ever with 16 points, backed up by Dennis Hubble and Les Stevens, plus a good performance by rookie Erik Moore.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 5 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 6 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Dagenham & Redbridge release six as they announce retained list
East London: Zielinski 16+, Hubble 12, Stevens 11, Gunkel, 9+2, Hughes 7+1, Moore 7, Stephens 4, Hughes 4, Smith 2
East London 80
Great Blakenham 90
EAST LONDON were narrowly defeated by penalty points in their South East Division Two match against Great Blakenham.
Even though East London won on the day, they lost out on penalty points due to the inclusion of Division One riders.
The Londoners had to wait until heat six before gaining a heat advantage, when Nick Stephens and Dave Hughes took advantage of an exclusion to race to a 7-3 win.
Heat nine was also profitable as Moore and Les Stevens raced to a 7-3 victory.
The last four heats were even with a 5-5 draw followed by a 6-4 win for East London and two 7-3's to Blakenham bringing the score of the match to 65-60, a five-point win on the day to East London, but defeat overall.
East London: Moore 13+2, Stevens 12+2, Stephens 12, Gunkel 12, G Hughes 10+1, D Hughes 6.