Everyone loves this chocolate cake
NOW here s a treat from the Fruisana Kitchen, a quick and easy recipe which uses store cupboard ingredients. Chocolate is always a favourite and this delicious cake, with its soft, rich, gooey centre makes a perfect dessert. CHOCOLATE ALMOND CAKE 100
NOW here's a treat from the Fruisana Kitchen, a quick and easy recipe which uses store cupboard ingredients.
Chocolate is always a favourite and this delicious cake, with its soft, rich, gooey centre makes a perfect dessert.
CHOCOLATE ALMOND CAKE
100g Plain chocolate with at least 70% cocoa solids
You may also want to watch:
100g butter, softened
80g Fruisana Fruit Sugar plus 2 further tablespoons
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 10 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
3 large eggs
80g plain flour, sieved
80g ground almonds
1/2 tsp almond essence
1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of gentle simmering water, allow to cool for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl beat the butter and 80g Fruisana together.
3. Separate the eggs and beat the yolks into the creamed mixture.
4. Stir in the melted chocolate, flour, almonds and almond essence.
5. In a clean bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff, beat in the 2 tbsps of Fruisana then fold into the chocolate mixture, mix well.
6. Spoon the mixture into a lined 20cm (8inch) sandwich cake tin, smooth the top.
7. Bake fan oven 160�C electric oven 180�C or gas oven mark 4 for 25 - 35 minutes until springy to the touch.
8. Cool on a wire rack.
9. Serve with a selection of seasonal berries.