Everyone loves this chocolate cake
NOW here s a treat from the Fruisana Kitchen, a quick and easy recipe which uses store cupboard ingredients. Chocolate is always a favourite and this delicious cake, with its soft, rich, gooey centre makes a perfect dessert. CHOCOLATE ALMOND CAKE 100
NOW here's a treat from the Fruisana Kitchen, a quick and easy recipe which uses store cupboard ingredients.
Chocolate is always a favourite and this delicious cake, with its soft, rich, gooey centre makes a perfect dessert.
CHOCOLATE ALMOND CAKE
100g Plain chocolate with at least 70% cocoa solids
100g butter, softened
80g Fruisana Fruit Sugar plus 2 further tablespoons
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Council tax rebates totalling £2m remain unclaimed, authority says
- 3 London among areas where drought is declared
- 4 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 5 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 6 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 7 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 8 ‘It’s like a warzone’: Extent of damage to Ballards Road homes on show following blaze which destroyed 14 houses
- 9 Campaign launched for young people anxious about A Level and GSCE results
- 10 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
3 large eggs
80g plain flour, sieved
80g ground almonds
1/2 tsp almond essence
1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of gentle simmering water, allow to cool for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl beat the butter and 80g Fruisana together.
3. Separate the eggs and beat the yolks into the creamed mixture.
4. Stir in the melted chocolate, flour, almonds and almond essence.
5. In a clean bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff, beat in the 2 tbsps of Fruisana then fold into the chocolate mixture, mix well.
6. Spoon the mixture into a lined 20cm (8inch) sandwich cake tin, smooth the top.
7. Bake fan oven 160�C electric oven 180�C or gas oven mark 4 for 25 - 35 minutes until springy to the touch.
8. Cool on a wire rack.
9. Serve with a selection of seasonal berries.