Ex-hammers and Spurs stars in fundraiser bid for Dagenham cancer sufferer Rebecca Warren
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers hope their football-themed social evenings with former West Ham United and Tottenham Hotspur legends will help towards the treatment of Dagenham cancer sufferer Rebecca Warren in the US.
Rebecca Warren, 31, of Goresbrook Road, Dagenham, has a brain tumour and three tumours in her spine and she’s endured several bouts of gruelling radiotherapy.
Sadly, in November, the mother-of-three was told there was nothing more they could do.
However, she hopes specialist treatment in the States, costing £250,000, will save her. Around £9,000 has been generated so far.
Speaking recently to the Post, her sister Jakki, 41, said: “Rebecca is such a caring and loving person.
You may also want to watch:
“To be struck down with this illness has been devastating.
“The community spirit and the generosity of friends, family and people we do not know has been overwhelming.”
- 1 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 7 Dagenham seal empathic comeback to thrash Solihull Moors
- 8 Comedian: 'Outrage at protests is why they work'
- 9 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 10 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
Invitations are being extended to the nights at the West Lodge Function Suite, Corbets Tey Road, Upminster, with the first booked for Friday, March 29. To attend, call Gary on 07895 849731.
Ex-Hammers Alvin Martin, Frank McAvennie and Julian Dicks are due to attend, with a host of signed memorabilia.
A second fundraiser will also be held with former Tottenham footballers Steve Perryman, Martin Chivers and Micky Hazard confirmed, on Friday, April 12.
Food and drink will be available to buy on both night. To attend, call Gary on 07895 849731.
For more details about Rebecca, from Dagenham, visit www.rebeccawarren.co.uk