Search

Family are poisoned in home by gas leak

PUBLISHED: 16:31 05 March 2008 | UPDATED: 11:09 11 August 2010

EMERGENCY services arrived at a Barking address to find a young family suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. The ambulance service, fire brigade, and police were called to a suspected gas leak at a house in Hunters Square shortly after 9pm on Wednes

EMERGENCY services arrived at a Barking address to find a young family suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The ambulance service, fire brigade, and police were called to a suspected gas leak at a house in Hunters Square shortly after 9pm on Wednesday, February 27.

An hour later, after being given oxygen outside the property, the 27-year-old mother, her five-year-old son and five-month-old baby daughter were taken to Queen's Hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

The young family had been away from the property for two weeks, and called the emergency services complaining of feeling 'strange and headachy' after allegedly having had a new boiler fitted earlier in the day.

Neighbour Florence Phillips said: "They're a lovely family. The ambulance and fire services were very good.

"If they had been asleep it would have killed them. I hope they come back alright.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Barking and Dagenham Post. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Barking and Dagenham Post