Family of sex traffickers
THREE members of a family tricked impoverished Eastern European women to work as prostitutes in the UK. Istvan Kalocsai, 43, wife Istvanne, 40, and their son Istvan Jnr, 20, of St Ann s, Barking, told young women in their native Hungary they could have a
THREE members of a family tricked impoverished Eastern European women to work as prostitutes in the UK.
Istvan Kalocsai, 43, wife Istvanne, 40, and their son Istvan Jnr, 20, of St Ann's, Barking, told young women in their native Hungary they could have a better life in England.
But instead, they were made prisoners.
One was forced to have sex with lorry drivers on the journey to England to pay for petrol money and the Kalocsais regularly beat her up as they demanded she earned the family �200 a day.
On May 29 last year the dishevelled Hungarian woman, who could not speak a word of English, was found hiding in the toilets at London City Airport with no passport or luggage.
As she lay sobbing in a cleaner's arms, police were called thinking she had been mugged.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 2 Two arrested after man 'seriously assaulted' in row over parking
- 3 Dispersal order authorised near Barking Park due to antisocial behaviour
- 4 Company fined in court over builder's skips in Dagenham and Chadwell Heath
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 7 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 8 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 9 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 10 Abba Voyage: A spectacular trip into an enchanted world
But a harrowing tale of exploitation and violence emerged.
The Kalocsai family had promised to take her from rural Hungary to a legitimate job in England as long as she paid them back when she started earning.
But as soon as she climbed in the car for the journey across Europe, the men warned her: "There is no going back now, you're ours."
Once in the UK the terrified woman was locked away in the Kalocsai home, where she was bought mini skirts and taught how to "walk like a working girl" by Istvanne.
The sons, Gabor and Istvan, paraded the woman around Barking looking for punters to have sex with her in parks or hotels.
She was only allowed out of their home to pick up men and to go shopping with the mother.
But after two months of being a sex slave, the woman finally gave her captors the slip and managed to escape.
When vice squad officers searched the home, they found another Hungarian prostitute living there, Inner London Crown Court heard.
The Kalocsais had been pimping the woman at a string of west London brothels and on the internet.
Istvan Kalocsai was found guilty of trafficking two women into the UK for sexual exploitation,
Istvanne was found guilty of controlling their prostitution and Istvan Jnr was found guilty of trafficking one woman into the UK for sexual exploitation and was found guilty of controlling both women's prostitution.
All three denied the charges but were found guilty.
They will be sentenced on May 11.
The Met's Human Trafficking Team is searching for Gabor Kalocsai, 22, their eldest son thought to still be in Hungary.