Fancy that! Schools on the ball for footie
WE go back nearly 29 years for this week s Days of the Old School Yard when there was some real fancy footwork between boys and girls in Newham. The dressy play ensued when teams togged up for the annual fancy dress football match between the girls of Pla
WE go back nearly 29 years for this week's Days of the Old School Yard when there was some real fancy footwork between boys and girls in Newham.
The dressy play ensued when teams togged up for the annual fancy dress football match between the girls of Plashet School in East Ham and the lads from Canning Town's Trinity School.
One female striker turned out in nappies, while another took to the field in striped pyjamas. Clowns, a milkmaid and and olden-days coachman - complete with white wig - also featured in the girls' squad.
They were up against "a man in a mac", the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz and a couple of lads sporting natty dresses.
The game, which took place at Plashet Park in East Ham, ended much like Spurs matches nowadays...a 4-4 draw!
- 1 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 4 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 5 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 6 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 8 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 9 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 10 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points