Farah felled by Irish exertions
NEWHAM & ESSEX Beagles runner Mo Farah collapsed after coming second in the men s race at the European Cross Country Championships in Dublin on Sunday. Farah was carried off on a stretcher after breaking down with exhaustion following a fierce battle with
NEWHAM & ESSEX Beagles runner Mo Farah collapsed after coming second in the men's race at the European Cross Country Championships in Dublin on Sunday.
Farah was carried off on a stretcher after breaking down with exhaustion following a fierce battle with Spanish winner Alemayehu Bezabeh.
The 2006 champion missed the medal ceremony to receive treatment at the medical centre.
The 26-year-old athlete lost ground on Bezabeh in the final circuit of the 9,997 metre course, but fought back to get level with the pace setter, only to fall back again and finish 17 seconds behind the winner with a time of 31.02.
You may also want to watch:
The Beagle finished clear of Ukraine's defending champion Sergiy Lebid for his second silver medal in two years.
Both the Great Britain men's and women's teams finished second in the team event.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
Elsewhere for Beagles, there was a win for Harun Abdi in the under-20s 800m at the Metaswitch Indoor Games at Lee Valley on Sunday.
Team-mate Nakole Iddirisu claimed third place.