Father killed in Dagenham crash
NATIONAL race walking champion, Laurence Dordoy, tragically died when his motorbike collided with a car along busy Wood Lane last Friday evening. The 53-year-old father of two, from Gidea Park, was a member of Ilford Athletics Club and recently competed
NATIONAL race walking champion, Laurence Dordoy, tragically died when his motorbike collided with a car along busy Wood Lane last Friday evening.
The 53-year-old father of two, from Gidea Park, was a member of Ilford Athletics Club and recently competed in the 10k championship in January this year.
He was involved in a horror smash at the junction of Gosfield Road - between Dagenham civic centre and Kid's Kingdom playgroup.
The tragic accident happened on Friday May 29 at around 8pm and the crash was so severe that police closed the road for over six hours, until 2am.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dordoy, who was seriously injured, was taken to Queen's Hospital, Romford, in the air ambulance helicopter.
He received emergency surgery but sadly died just over a day later, on Sunday May 31.
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 6 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 7 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
An inquest was opened an adjourned on Tuesday June 2, to be held at Walthamstow Coroner's Court in due course.
Chadwell Heath collision investigation unit were called in to deal with inquiries regarding the fatal crash.
A police spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that an accident took place in Rush Green on Friday May 29.
"It involved a motorbike and a car.
"The motorbike rider was taken to hospital via air ambulance but died on May 31 after surgery."
Appeals for witnesses to the tragic accident will be made, see www.bdpost.co.uk for updates.