Fine fifth for Uttley
ILFORD walker Steve Uttley finished fifth as Enfield & Harringey AC staged their annual Pat Furey Trophies Meeting at Picketts Lock on Saturday afternoon. He was always in touch with the frame finishing in 44 minutes and 13 seconds. In close order w
ILFORD walker Steve Uttley finished fifth as Enfield & Harringey AC staged their annual "Pat Furey Trophies Meeting" at Picketts Lock on Saturday afternoon.
He was always in touch with the frame finishing in 44 minutes and 13 seconds. In close order was a rejuvenated Laurence Dordoy who surprised his colleagues, rivals and himself with a wonderful performance as he claimed 11th position in 46.02.
He tore into the action from the off, keeping up a strong pace, only losing a couple of positions in the final stages.
Dependable Dave Sharpe, 13th and 2008 Ilford Walking Clubman-of-the-Year Mike Hinton 18th closed home the four-to-score team, clocking 47.03 and 48.34 respectively.
You may also want to watch:
It was a tight finish, as Ilford retained the Pat Furey Trophy by a solitary point from Wimbledon-based Belgrave Harriers. Further down the order, in 28th spot, Alan O'Rawe gave his usual sound performance to clock 53.07.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 3 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 4 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 5 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations