Fine fifth for Uttley
ILFORD walker Steve Uttley finished fifth as Enfield & Harringey AC staged their annual Pat Furey Trophies Meeting at Picketts Lock on Saturday afternoon. He was always in touch with the frame finishing in 44 minutes and 13 seconds. In close order w
ILFORD walker Steve Uttley finished fifth as Enfield & Harringey AC staged their annual "Pat Furey Trophies Meeting" at Picketts Lock on Saturday afternoon.
He was always in touch with the frame finishing in 44 minutes and 13 seconds. In close order was a rejuvenated Laurence Dordoy who surprised his colleagues, rivals and himself with a wonderful performance as he claimed 11th position in 46.02.
He tore into the action from the off, keeping up a strong pace, only losing a couple of positions in the final stages.
Dependable Dave Sharpe, 13th and 2008 Ilford Walking Clubman-of-the-Year Mike Hinton 18th closed home the four-to-score team, clocking 47.03 and 48.34 respectively.
You may also want to watch:
It was a tight finish, as Ilford retained the Pat Furey Trophy by a solitary point from Wimbledon-based Belgrave Harriers. Further down the order, in 28th spot, Alan O'Rawe gave his usual sound performance to clock 53.07.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside