Fire at Dagenham laundrette and warehouse brought under control
- Credit: London Fire Brigade
A fire near West Ham’s Dagenham training ground has been brought under control by firefighters overnight.
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) said it was called to an industrial laundrette and warehouse at 11:59pm to the fire on Selinas Lane, Dagenham.
The LFB added half of the two-storey building was on fire and took more than 100 firefighters and 15 fire engines from Barking, Dagenham, Ilford, Romford and surrounding stations to bring it under control at about 2:30am.
Station commander Paul Eastland said: “Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus worked incredibly hard at the scene of a warehouse fire.
“The fire appears to have started on the ground floor of a laundrette and crews swiftly gained access and worked to bring the fire under control.
You may also want to watch:
“Crews removed gas cylinders as a precaution, as some cylinders can explode when exposed to heat.
“Road closures are in place whilst firefighters make the scene safe.”
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 Staff to strike at primary school in Dagenham
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 5 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 6 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 7 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 8 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 9 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 10 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
The cause of the fire is under investigation.