Search

Fire breaks out in Dagenham restaurant after pan left unattended

PUBLISHED: 17:12 28 August 2018 | UPDATED: 17:12 28 August 2018

The restaurant in Green Lane, which was partly damaged from the blaze. Picture: Google

The restaurant in Green Lane, which was partly damaged from the blaze. Picture: Google

Archant

A fire broke out at a Dagenham restaurant after a pan was left unattended on the hob.

Firefighters were called just before 3.30pm on Saturday to reports of a fire at the restaurant in Green Lane.

An employee called 999 after discovering the blaze, which is thought to have been caused by a pan left on the hob.

Part of the restaurant on the ground floor was damaged, and the ventilation system going from ground to roof level was destroyed.

Crews evacuated eleven residents from nearby flats as a precaution, but there were no injuries.

Fire crews from Barking, Dagenham and Ilford had the fire under control in under an hour.

Most Read

Latest from the Barking and Dagenham Post

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists