Fire extinguished at Barking recycling plant after 9-hour effort
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of firefighters battled all day to extinguish a blaze at a recycling centre.
About a quarter of the groundfloor building, in Kingsbridge Road, Barking, was alight when emergency services were called at 10.05am.
After a nine-hour slog, firefighters finally put out the flames at around 7.30pm.
One man was taken to hospital after suffering from smoke inhalation.
The incident was attended by 35 firefighters and six engines from across East London.
You may also want to watch:
Are you near, or have you been affected by, the Kingsbridge Road fire? Get in touch by calling 0208 477 3778 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 Staff to strike at primary school in Dagenham
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 5 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 6 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 7 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 8 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 9 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 10 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath