Flood warning for River Roding
HEAVY rain has sparked flood warnings along the length of the River Roding. The Environment Agency – responsible for keeping tabs on water levels up and down the UK – has placed the river on alert. It has warned of a danger of flooding on stretches of t
HEAVY rain has sparked flood warnings along the length of the River Roding.
The Environment Agency - responsible for keeping tabs on water levels up and down the UK - has placed the river on alert.
It has warned of a danger of flooding on stretches of the river between Loughton and Barking, also running through Chigwell, Woodford, Redbridge and Ilford.
An Environment Agency spokesman said up to 50 properties are at risk of flooding in the area.
You may also want to watch:
The heaviest rainfall has passed, but river levels are expected to rise over the next 12 hours in the lower reaches of the River Roding.
Last night saw torrential downpours across London and the south east.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
Have you witnessed any flooding in Barking and Dagenham? Contact the Recorder newsdesk on 020 847703800 or email email@example.com