Flood warning for River Roding
HEAVY rain has sparked flood warnings along the length of the River Roding. The Environment Agency – responsible for keeping tabs on water levels up and down the UK – has placed the river on alert. It has warned of a danger of flooding on stretches of t
HEAVY rain has sparked flood warnings along the length of the River Roding.
The Environment Agency - responsible for keeping tabs on water levels up and down the UK - has placed the river on alert.
It has warned of a danger of flooding on stretches of the river between Loughton and Barking, also running through Chigwell, Woodford, Redbridge and Ilford.
An Environment Agency spokesman said up to 50 properties are at risk of flooding in the area.
You may also want to watch:
The heaviest rainfall has passed, but river levels are expected to rise over the next 12 hours in the lower reaches of the River Roding.
Last night saw torrential downpours across London and the south east.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
Have you witnessed any flooding in Barking and Dagenham? Contact the Recorder newsdesk on 020 847703800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org