Flood warning for River Roding
HEAVY rain has sparked flood warnings along the length of the River Roding. The Environment Agency – responsible for keeping tabs on water levels up and down the UK – has placed the river on alert. It has warned of a danger of flooding on stretches of t
HEAVY rain has sparked flood warnings along the length of the River Roding.
The Environment Agency - responsible for keeping tabs on water levels up and down the UK - has placed the river on alert.
It has warned of a danger of flooding on stretches of the river between Loughton and Barking, also running through Chigwell, Woodford, Redbridge and Ilford.
An Environment Agency spokesman said up to 50 properties are at risk of flooding in the area.
You may also want to watch:
The heaviest rainfall has passed, but river levels are expected to rise over the next 12 hours in the lower reaches of the River Roding.
Last night saw torrential downpours across London and the south east.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
Have you witnessed any flooding in Barking and Dagenham? Contact the Recorder newsdesk on 020 847703800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org