Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- Credit: Saleh Ahmed/@SalehAhmed_SA
Roads and train stations across east London have been closed after widespread flooding.
A video shared on social media shows cars driving through flood water near Gants Hill roundabout at around 4.50pm today (July 25).
The Blackwall Tunnel has been shut due to flooding.
The George Green Tunnel, on the A12 in Wanstead, has been closed eastbound due to flooding.
The A1400 is also shut at the junction of Woodford Avenue and Clayhall Avenue.
Transport for London (TfL) has said the Movers Lane underpass on the A13 in Barking is "restricted" due to the flooding.
There is no service on the Central line between Hainault and Woodford and severe delays between Leytonstone and Epping due to flooding.
- 1 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 7 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
Trains also are not running on TfL Rail between Liverpool Street and Ilford because of flooding in Manor Park.
TfL has also confirmed that Gants Hill and Stepney Green Tube stations are shut due to flooding, as well as Pudding Mill Lane DLR station.